It’s a typical Monday night for me. 2 am and I’m still awake. Dreading the fact I have to work tomorrow at 10. I fall asleep every night on his pillow. I hug it so tight you would think it was a life raft. Usually sleep eludes me without him here. Here is a list of ideas on how to fall asleep on those restless nights …
1. Warm milk and cookies. Who are you kidding I’m not four. There are days where I get so depressed I wouldn’t stop at just a few cookies. Mint Oreos are my favorite go to cookie. But I’ve caught myself eating the whole package once, twice or maybe it was every time. Those cookies are no longer allowed in my house. I can’t eat just 1 ☹️
2. Exercise so much you pass out. Um no. Who wants to go to sleep all sweaty and nasty. I’d have to take a shower and that would wake me right up. Skip that idea.
3. My moms favorite is knock yourself out with a cast iron frying pan. She hit my dad with one and knocked his azz out. Although not sure I would like the headache in the morning.
4. Cough syrup overdose. Hey some say it works with kids. I’d have a problem with nasty cherry flavor or getting jittery. Might have to look in to this and see if newer cough syrup comes in better flavors. Coffee flavor would be good.
5. Try yoga to relax yourself. Only problem there is my balance. With Multiple Sclerosis my balance sucks. I’d worry about falling over and breaking my hip. Don’t think I would sleep well after that unless dr prescribed narcotics to knock me out. That might work but I’m a sissy and don’t like pain.
6. Right now I use the old easy way. Watching criminal minds until I pass out. It even helps me have some colorful dreams. If your not afraid of dreams where someone is chasing you and trying to kill you. I suggest this or maybe a milder show like Smurfs. Although I’m not sure if they still show that on normal tv.
I wanted to add a cute little note about my husband’s uniform. My favorite piece is his yellow safety jacket. It was so bright when he got it I thought it was glowing in the dark. Here it is 3 years later and still ugly as ever. But it keeps him visible. A driver at his old job didn’t wear his one night. Another trucker backed up, not seeing the other driver, and ran him over. So in my opinion if that ugly jacket is going to keep him visible in the dark. Then I want him to wear it. His safety is more important then his lack of style sense. Then again he’s a guy lol they don’t have fashion sense. 🤩🤩🤩
Have a great day. And remember, when he gets home to hug him real tight and remind him how much he means to you.
Till next time around,
My hubby is a trucker. He loved it when he started now not so much. I work from home answering phone and doing campground reservations. Glorious right lol I got an idea in my head to try a blog. Maybe eventually can start making money and leave my job. A girl can dream right I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Busy season is winding down at my job. Getting kinda cold at night to camp in some states. A lady told me she’ll camp till the cows come home or waist deep snow. I still dream of a cute little camper in my back yard. Kinda a country girl she shed. Hubby says”it’s a terrible idea”. I think it sounds like fun and would be fun to decorate something all GIRLY ! Since I am only female human in my house. Maybe be in 10 years I’ll have a grand-daughter to cherish. that would be awesome marriage first though. Guess I should give you a little glimpse into my life. I have 3 grown boys 18, 21 and 23. 2 youngest still live at home. My oldest lives near New York city with his girlfriend. He finished college at PRATT in Brooklyn then never came back. I miss him but he’s following his dream. Chatted with lots of nice ladies on Facebook and they are encouraging me to start. So as to not disappoint those nice ladies here I am. Writing is very relaxing for me. If I could, figure out what I did with my stylus for my tablet this would go faster. Anyone has any ideas for a home-made stylus? I’m creative but ideas for that I’m clueless. My youngest son says try a chopstick or a skewer. Not sure how any of that would work but, my son thinks up some strange ideas.
My goal with this blog is to share some of the great times and some of the not so great times as a trucker’s wife. Winter roads may look pretty outside my dining room window but, knowing my hubby is out there driving in this nasty white stuff is scary. Scary like the stuff that causes nightmares. He’s a good driver so that’s not worrying me. It’s the daily worry about the mini van soccer mom on her cell or the life crisis guy in the sports car driving way to fast. It’s a juggling contest and those kind of idiots are leading it. Weaving in and out. Driving in trucker’s a blind spot is pretty much suicide yet they do it every day. Pushing their luck and thinking nothing of it. Not sure I would try getting in a trucker’s way. They could squish you flat, like I did to spider on the wall, with my cell phone earlier. Wet ground outside is sending them in. NO sorry not welcome in my house, EVER.
The battery is getting low on my tablet so I’m gonna go for today. I have a complete blog entry I wrote in my notebook on my desk hoping to add soon. Until then this was just a little glimpse into my life As a Trucker’s wife. Ta ta for now. Stay safe on those roads and remember most trucker’s have a loved 1 or 2 waiting at home for them.