Top 24 blog topics , from the wandering mind of a trucker’s wife. You wrote this in a hotel where? While hubby was asleep ? Really. Quite productive I see lol.
1. Potty x 5, mommy bladders suck. You were up how many times last night? Girl I got you beat it’s normally 10 times for me. It helps get my steps in though.
2. What was your name again? Sorry I have CRS, can’t remember shit. Are you sure you just told me ? Carol I’m sorry coulda sworn you said Cindy.
3. Oh, did that hurt your feelings? Forgot this was your world. I’ll leave your private bubble. Do you always have an invisible 2 foot perimeter around you?
4. He said what in front of your kid? No biggie he has a trucker’s potty mouth. Yesterday he said …
5. Not my monkeys, not my circus. Then whose monkeys are they? Where did they come from? Are they mister Jim’s ?
6. Prius definition from a trucker : Mobil speed bumps. Kinda an expensive speed bump and such pretty colors. Didn’t that really tall trucker you worked with have one? Have to fold you in half to fit in there. They are tiny.
7. I have to pee like a cow pissing on a flat rock. What does that mean? How do you pee on the side of the road in heavy wind without peeing on yourself? Is it harder to do in the winter?
8. The secret life, of a trucker’s wife. I can’t believe she did THAT !!! What did she say? My mom woulda smacked her pretty little mouth.
9. I can’t believe you listen to Ac/Dc while you drive. Not my choice of calm driving music. My choice would be country or something a bit less chaotic.
10. There is a name for those funny things sticking of the bag of a rig? More aerodynamic you say? I’ll have to look it up on the internet. Probably ridiculous price to, another way to rip off a trucker.
11. Beware of roadside restaurants. They are like hog heaven. They’ll give you screaming squirts. That’s why they have 17 inch rule for truckers? Couldn’t use excuse that it’s genetic can you?
12. Walmart another place to buy crap you didn’t need cheaply. It was under $100? We shopped good. You see that clearance section? 50% off Halloween items. What do you mean it’s only September ? Gotta get some for next year right?
13. Fuddruckers table talk. That can’t be a real car inside this restaurant can it? Take a picture Logan would love it. A real 57 Chevy. Does it run too?
14. You wrote all that down in bed, at a hotel, while your hubby slept peacefully ? Noise or light didn’t wake him? A whole book you say?
15. It’s like sleeping nose to nose. He was close enough to kiss but night breathe sucks. That’s why we don’t have a full size bed. ☹️
16. Such noises people in room above us. Sounds like they have an army up there. They walk like a herd of elephants. Should we order room service for breakfast ? I can’t believe they don’t have breakfast. Wonder where the closest mc Donald’s is?
18. There is cobwebs all over on ceiling. Don’t they check cleaning ladies work? Maybe she’s just really short. Her name was spelt in a child’s handwriting. Musta been an illegal? But we’re in Massachusetts honey.
19. Wish I brought my tablet. I could have completed this whole blog post while still in bed. Man I need a cup of coffee. So glad they give us that cute little coffee maker.
20. Did you see that microcool thing? The microwave is attached to the mini fridge, kinda weird? Less likely to be stolen. The little microwave has USB ports in it and a plugin. How strange, never seen one like that before.
21. The heater cooler thing plugs in. I saw cord such a weird thing to have something that big with a cord. The night stand has 5 plug ins in it.
22. We need a never forget to take list. Q tips are my number one. What’s your #1? I don’t know is his answer lol They are in a cute plastic container. Gotta save for next time. 99 cents at target was a steal.
22. Can’t believe they don’t have breakfast 😫😫😫😫 on this menu.Not even affiliated with this hotel. $20 minimum. Prices do not include sales tax, gratuity, or $3.50 packaging fee. Not available on Sundays or major holidays. Please allow approximately 45 minutes for your order. We are going to McDonalds it’s faster.
Hope you all enjoy this blog I wrote it while on vacation with hubby in Massachusetts on our anniversary trip. Remember to hug your hubby extra tight. Life would not be worth living with out him. He’s my love, my life and I’m proud to be his wife. Here’s to 20 more years !!!
We are still at hotel in Saugus. I have insomnia now I understand how trucker’s feel when away from home. Thankfully our hotel has free coffee. It’s a nice hotel, great people. Location is not great. Road is very busy but can walk to a restaurant and Walmart is a short drive. It’s a cool Walmart it has a parking garage under the store. Escalator was scary as hell but elevator was great.
We are at Red Roof Inn Saugus
Top picture is from hotel lobby where I enjoyed my coffee while letting hubby sleep. Bottom 2 are the Walmart with scary escalator down the road Walmart with escalator . Never going to use one again I almost fell over. Not good idea for anyone with bad balance thankfully hubby was behind me to hold me up. It was a clean store not very busy. We grabbed what we needed then headed out to our prime destination SALEM. I’ll do another post shortly with all the pics and details from our Black Cat Nightly Tour . It was awesome Daniel was a super host. I made it all the way but the last stop. I feel great about it. Here’s a pic.
Hubby is awake so off I go to see what he wants to do today. Hoping for Ihop breakfast. Until next time hug your hubby tight and have a great day wherever you are. Maybe you’ll find Waldo Where is Waldo ?
He’s a professional driver you think he’d want calm music. NOT my hubby it’s Ac/Dc all the way !!!placeholder://
I’m not worried about his driving. Getting into a speed test with a Prius ? Who knew it would be that funny. Mobil speed bumps to a trucker. Too bad we are driving his own truck. But still kinda funny word choices. Gotta love trucker language.
Saw a truck with funny things on back. Hubby says they are there to reduce wind drag. Huh? No clue they just look funny. I got to see lots of trucks on our way to Massachusetts and even a big tow truck for rigs. They are huge !!! My favorite trucker had a cool sign on his rig “childhood dream WHAT was I thinking” Hubby loved it will have to get him one. We are making good time except dealing with complete idiots that don’t know how to drive. He has a choice word for each of them.
I have a lot more respect for truckers now so here’s some cool pics of some we saw.
It’s all a great experience.
Till next time hug your hubby tight and have a goodnight.
It took me an hour to find this list.
I feel this is best list to use to pack for a trip. If, you are the compulsive, over packer type. It says it will all fit in a single, carry-on-sized bag. Try it and let me know how it works, for you. I’m not going to even try. Best of luck to you.
This is more my style of packing.
I prefer to use this list. It’s super basic and simple. On my vacation in September 2018, to Massachusetts w my hubby, I am doing very basic. If your going for simplistic this list is for you. No heavy , awkward bags for me. I have the perfect bag. Check post below. You will want to grab one before your next trip.
The BAG !!!
The bag I am using is not just functional, it’s cute. That’s way more important. I got this bag from my friend Kristie. She sells 31 bags and I’m obsessed with them. It’s true. Every room in my house has some type of 31 bag. I even have lots in my closets and attic. I did a party for her last year. She’s super friendly and easy to work with. Get your Christmas list ready. I guarantee 1/2 the presents you need you gan get from 31. Here is link to her site so you can shop your heart out. In my craft area alone I have 3 bags. They are so great for de-cluttering any area of your home.
Grab a cup of coffee and get ready to see some great bags.
Here’s the one I’m going to be using.
Some final thoughts.
It’s getting late and hubby will be home in about an hour. Off to cook him some quick, yummy food. If you have any ideas for quick, nutritious, yummy meals drop me a note. A friend said check out Pinterest but I haven’t had time. Packing for a trip is exhausting. I’m packing extra $$$ just in case, I forget something. My next post will be Saturday and I have some great news to share with you. We are expanding our family and I’m super excited.
Till next time drive safe, hug your hubby extra tight and enjoy my blog about being a trucker’s wife.
Till next time. Bye Bye. 🙃